Friday, April 10, 2009

Dave Arnold

2008 18 x 24 inches acrylic on canvas painting
Dave Arnold” is an original, signed acrylic painting on a gallery-wrapped canvas by artist Michael Arnold. This is a portrait of my son, Dave Arnold. The painting is based on a picture that was taken on Dave's honeymoon. He is standing on the balcony of an ocean side hotel room in Daytona Beach. When I saw the vivid colors of the photo, I knew right away that I wanted to create a painting from it. I believe the painting captures both the spirit of my son and the beautiful natural setting of Daytona Beach, Florida. The painting was a gift and is not available for purchase. I have also painted a portrait of Dave's wife and it can be viewed here. The painting makes a bold statement on any wall where it is displayed. Click on the additional views button below to get a better close up of the color and design of this unique painting. "Dave Arnold" prints can be purchased here. This artwork was created using acrylic paint on a high quality wrapped canvas. Acrylic paint works very well on stretched canvas. When purchasing artwork many people aren't sure what the difference is between acrylic and oil paintings. The main difference between acrylics and oil paints is the inherent drying time.

No comments: