Friday, April 10, 2009

The Rose

2007 18 x 24 inches acrylic painting on canvas
The Rose” is an original, signed acrylic painting on a gallery-wrapped canvas by artist Michael Arnold. I created this painting in my art class. One of the students had a rose and I wanted to capture the inner natural beauty of the flower. My interpretation of the flower gives it an abstract and surreal tone, but to me this is exactly how the rose looked, with it's beautiful petals! I have shown this painting in the frame because I felt like the black frame added to the art piece. This original painting is unavailable for purchase. The painting makes a bold statement on any wall where it is displayed. "The Rose" is available as the front of note cards and the prints can be purchased here. This artwork was created using acrylic paint on a high quality wrapped canvas. Acrylic paint works very well on stretched canvas.

1 comment:

Metal Wall Art said...

It is the perfect time to make rose paintings, because Love month is near. Anyway, great job on the painting, it's amazing!