Saturday, February 6, 2010

Faith

2010 Acrylic on canvas 24 x 36 inches
“Faith” is an original, signed acrylic painting on a gallery-wrapped canvas by Citrus County Florida artist Michael Arnold. "People need faith in something to reassure their existence and to reaffirm their values in life. We live in world where we are constantly bombarded by images—visually and cerebrally. "Faith" contains various suggestions that one with faith may find relevant. Some may enjoy searching for the individual image hidden within, or will merely enjoy the overall experience of the work. For those of you, who like a challenge, try to find as many of the hidden images as possible. The process for this painting was a little different from what I normally attempt. I washed the entire canvas with four coats of phthalocyanine blue mixed with water. Then without using any sketches or drawing anything on the canvas to guide me I painted suggestions of the various scenes using a mixture of Payne’s Gray and phthalocyanine blue. Using the same mixture, I went back over the entire work drawing in cuneiform-like marks. I then I masked the original scenes even further with azo orange. SPOILER ALERT: Beneath the surface see if you can spot the following stories contained in the Bible including the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse; Christ on the Cross, Adam and Eve; the forbidden fruit; the serpent; the Pearly Gates of Heaven; the last supper; the Tree of Knowledge; the Tree of Life; Daniel in the lion’s den; and Noah’s ark." The original acrylic painting "Faith" makes a bold statement on any wall where it is displayed. art painting is on a quality gallery wrapped canvas. Additional views of this acrylic painting on canvas may be viewed here. All sides are painted with no staples showing. The painting is ready to be hung and can be displayed with or without a frame. Each painting by award winning Citrus County artist Michael Arnold is an original one of a kind signed piece of art and comes with a certificate of authenticity. The painting is delivered on a stretched canvas. "Faith" prints may be purchased here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Tudor Ceban said...

Loved it.
Tooo good
www.mudrea.com