Monday, February 16, 2015

"Roses" 2015 Acrylic on canvas 36 x 18 inches

This is my newest painting. "Roses" is an original, signed acrylic painting on a gallery-wrapped canvas by Citrus County Florida artist Michael Arnold. "Roses combines realism with a modern abstract feel.  I have done several other rose paintings and this one combines the realism of "Two Roses" with the abstract  feel of "The Rose"

I enjoyed working on the painting and the work went pretty quickly with only a few changes from the original work. This is my fourth rose painting. Here's a view of my other attempts at roses:

 These are two roses from my wife’s rose bushes I sketched one morning. I then combined them into a single painting. "Two Roses" utilizes amazing detail and vivid color bring this original painting to life. 


 "Blue Rose" is an original, signed mixed media painting on canvas by Citrus County Florida artist Michael Arnold. "This painting uses texture and unusual colors to evoke emotion from the viewer. I applied strips of cloth to the canvas before painting to give the painting it's unique textured form. The impressionistic style and blue color palette add to the unique style of the artwork."


"The Rose” is an original, signed acrylic painting on a gallery-wrapped canvas by Citrus County Florida Artist Michael Arnold.

"I created this painting in my art class. One of the students had a rose and I wanted to capture the inner natural beauty of the flower. My interpretation of the flower gives it an abstract and surreal tone, but to me this is exactly how the rose looked, with it's beautiful petals!  I have shown this painting in the frame because I felt like the black frame added to the art piece".

No comments: